Amy provides psychotherapy and counselling services to children, adolescents and adults. In her experience, she has supported clients across a variety of emotional, social and behavioural difficulties, including depression, anxiety, self-harm, trauma, attachment wounds, school-related stresses, and relationship struggles.
By providing a safe and nurturing space for healing, Amy facilitates her clients’ journey of growth and discovery with respect, empathy and compassion. She believes personal growth from the inside out is possible for everyone and deeply honours the privilege to be able to walk alongside her clients and connect relationally with each client as they navigate through the difficulties and struggles they experience.
Amy’s therapeutic work is grounded primarily on humanistic values and she uses an integration of person-centred therapy, psychodynamic principles, inner child work, Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, trauma-informed approaches, and solution-focused and cognitive-behavioural strategies to meet her clients in their needs and support them in their healing and growth. Where appropriate and necessary, she partners with caregivers as well, to provide the clients with holistic care and adequate support.
Amy has a keen interest in trauma- and attachment-focused treatment approaches, and is deeply committed to learning and growing her knowledge and skills in these areas.
Prior to joining the helping profession, Amy has worked in both the public and private sectors.
Amy holds a Masters of Social Science in Professional Counselling from Swinburne University of Technology, and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from the National University of Singapore. She also has a Diploma in School Counselling from the National Institute of Education. Amy started practising as a counsellor since 2012, and is currently a clinical member and a registered counsellor with the Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC).
During her free time, Amy finds joy in reading, attending to her plant babies and connecting with her family and friends over food and coffee. She is married and has two lovely daughters.
- Children, adolescents and young adults
- Adjustment difficulties
- School-related stresses
- Trauma-related and attachment issues
Certifications and Accreditations
- Master of Social Science (Professional Counselling), Swinburne University of Technology
- Diploma in School Counselling, National Institute of Education
- Bachelor of Art (Merit) in Psychology, National University of Singapore
- Registered Counsellor & Clinical Member, Singapore Association for Counselling (SAC)
- L4 Practitioner Member, Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors Singapore (APACS)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy (Parts 1, 2 and 3)
- Foundational Certification in Satir Transformational Systemic Therapy