The Alzheimer’s Disease Association (ADA) was formed in 1990 as a result of growing concern for the needs of people with dementia, and the needs of their families.
ADA is a Voluntary Welfare Organisation (VWO) and is a member of the National Council of Social Service (NCSS). ADA runs four New Horizon Centres (dementia day care), a Caregiver Support Centre, a Resource & Training Centre and various pilot projects to help persons with dementia and their caregivers.
More information on our vision, mission, core values and programmes can be found at www.alz.org.sg, and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alz.org.sg.
About the role:
• Assist clients in daily living activities such as personal hygiene, feeding, etc
• Assess and implement a care plan to meet clients’ individual needs
• Initiate and conduct group and individual activities and therapy sessions with clients
• Assist in planning and arranging transport for clients
• Ensure proper administration of medication and maintain proper storage
• Maintain clients’ attendance and records daily
• Record information and clients’ monthly assessment report
• Assist the Manager in the yearly inventory
• Demonstrate good interpersonal relationships with caregivers and staffs
• Carry out any ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as and when assigned
Skills and Experiences
Certificate in nursing recognized by the Singapore Nursing Board for registration as Enrolled Nurse