You shall be working closely with various stakeholders to provide assessment, intervention, consultation and training services to address clients’ learning/emotional/behavioural needs and difficulties and to facilitate clients’ vocational training/job placement. In addition, you are required to conduct assessment and review for students/trainees applying to APSN schools and sheltered workshop.
Consultation & Assessment
- Work with clients and their families to:
- Identify and address learning and behaviour problems that interfere with school/ centre success
- Evaluate eligibility for special education services (within a multidisciplinary team)
- Support students’/trainees’ social, emotional, and behavioural health
- Coach and promote parenting skills and enhance home–school collaboration
- Make referrals and help coordinate community support services
- Work with Teachers/ Instructors/ Trainers to:
- Identify and resolve academic barriers to learning
- Design and implement student progress monitoring systems
- Design and implement academic and behavioral interventions
- Support effective individualized instructions
- Create positive classroom environments
- Provide counselling, instructions, and mentoring for students/trainees with social, emotional, and behavioural problems
- Increase achievement by assessing barriers to learning and determining the best instructional strategies to improve learning
- Promote wellness and resilience by reinforcing communication and social skills, problem solving, anger management, self-regulation, self-determination, and optimism
- Share information, strategies with school staff and administrators
- Conduct treatment programmes for selected students and to proactively address potential risk factors with respect to students’/clients’ academic, emotional, social development and well-being
- Support understanding and management of students’/trainees’ learning emotional and behavioural issues through parents’ education sessions and professional development sessions for teachers.
Skills and Experiences
- Possess a Masters in Applied Psychology/ Clinical Psychology from an accredited university and be registered/eligible for registration with SRP or an equivalent professional body.
- Possess a minimum of 2-3 years of work related experience with relevant exposure in the area of intellectual disability or other related disabilities.
- Good communication, team work, and interpersonal skills
- Passionate for working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Clarity and organised thought processes with good verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Proven experience in clinical setting, counselling practices, scientific research, teaching, and well-versed in occupational and educational psychology
Additional Notes to Applicants:
- APSN operates 4 Special Education (SPED) Schools and 1 Sheltered Workshop (Centre for Adults) with locations as below:
- APSN Chaoyang – Ang Mo Kio
- APSN Katong School – New Upper Changi Road
- APSN Tanglin School – Alexandra Road
- APSN Delta Senior School – Choa Chu Kang; and
- APSN Centre for Adults – Jalan Ubi
- Do indicate your interest in School-Based or Centre-Based work and your preferred work locations when you apply.
Head over to https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/psychologist to apply.