- To identify and provide individual counselling to students who require emotional and/or behavioural support
- To work closely with parents/guardians to determine the best way to help the students
- To maintain proper documentation in terms of case notes and reports
- To provide consultation to staff on how to support students referred
- To provide consultation to school management on school counselling matters
- To demonstrate basic understanding of the PCCG curriculum including Well-being Education.
- To assess risk of suicide for students who have ideated and follow the school’s protocol on risk of suicide
- To provide regular feedback, within bounds of confidentiality, to school management
- To refer students and families to community resources or external agencies for specialised treatment
- To inform the Senior Admin of cases where there is suspected radicalisation, suicidal behaviour, self-harming behaviour or is student is at risk of being harmed
- Any other duties or projects as assigned by the Reporting Officer
Skills and Experiences
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- The incumbent must have a recognised degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience in counselling
- Excellent verbal communications and listening skills to interact with various stake holders
- Excellent written skills with strong time management and organizational ability
- Candidate needs to be able to work individually or in teams and connect with diverse group of students and parents.
Head to https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/school-counsellor to apply.