Social Service Assistant at Group Homes
Established in August 1995, the Group Homes provide individuals with stabilised psychiatric conditions the opportunity to experience community integration in the heartland. This is an important normalisation process for residents in Group Homes as the majority of Singaporeans live in HDB estates. Residents are supported in their recovery and personal goals through the provision of vocational and psychosocial rehabilitation services.
• Client management – assist in the implementation of necessary procedures for new admissions and orientate new residents within the group homes and neighbourhood
• Assist in daily operations, which includes handling disputes and grievances of the residents
• To ensure that residents attend their follow up appointments
• Assist in manning the telephone line and public enquiries
• Provide psycho-education on medical management for residents
• Involve in rehabilitation activities
• Other admin and support duties when required
• Other duties assigned by reporting officer
Skills and Experiences
• Possess GCE ‘N’ / ‘O’ level or NITEC
• Passionate, energetic and enthusiastic
• Able to work independently as well as in a team
• Prior work experience in the Social Services sector will have an advantage.