Peace-Connect Cluster Operator (PeCCO) is a voluntary welfare organisation appointed by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) to operate a cluster of programmes for the senior citizens living in the Kampong Glam area near Crawford Street / North Bridge Road.
PeCCO provides social support to seniors with little or no family support and assist them to age-in-place within the community through case management, counselling and monitoring their well-being through home visitations.
To carry out casework and apply intervention strategies appropriately to improve the well-being of the client
Responsible / Report to Executive Director
– Basic Casework and Counselling
– Manage case referrals
– Conduct assessment, planning and intervention for cases
– Engaging client and building rapport
– Performing needs assessment
– Advocating for clients’ needs
– Coordinate services with other community resources on client’s behalf
– Preparing case notes
– Work with Caring Assistance from Neighbours (CAN) carers to provide monitoring to clients conduct
– Monitor delivery of coordinated services
– Document and evaluate case outcomes
– Provide supervision, guidance and advice to support staff and volunteers (including and especially for CAN carers).
– Network with other agencies/ specialist to provide multi-disciplinary assessments
and monitoring of clients.
– Submitter for Quarterly, yearly EPES reports.
– Supervision of department staff
– Attend relevant courses
– Identify courses for department staff
– Maintain, update all supportive documents for reports.
– Support CREST, Senior Activity Centre, & Peace-Connect events
Skills and Experiences
- Attained a Degree or Grad Dip in Social Work
- With at least 5 years of direct practice experience in community work, preferably elderly work
- Able and willing to provide supervision for junior social workers / social work associates
- A good team player, dynamic & self-motivated
- Has a strong passion in reaching out and making a difference in the lives of the elderly
- Ability to engage stakeholders and community partners to develop solutions in community works
- Registered Social Worker accredited by Social Work Accreditation and Advisory Board