Reports To: Director of Addiction Services
About the Organization: Promises Healthcare is a well-established and well-known provider of Psychiatric and Psychological support in the Mental and Behavioral Health field in Singapore. We are expanding our services to launch an Intensive Outpatient Program for Addiction and Behavioral Health. This exciting expansion will in time include residential services in Singapore, and opportunities to replicate the model across Australasia. As such, this is a unique opportunity to join a respected team and to be part of its ongoing development.
Position Summary: We are looking for a locally-based, Masters level Counselor. You should have experience of working in the addictions field. Ideally, this experience will include creating, preparing and running groups as well as delivering one-to-one therapy. Group work should include the ability to deliver psychoeducational as well as process groups. Experience of working with family systems that include addiction would also be beneficial.
- Conducting Bio, Psycho, Social Assessments
- Provide all addictions counselling to individuals, families and groups
- Conduct group education programs
- Provide crisis intervention and counselling
- Develop recovery plans and makes referrals to appropriate service providers
- Maintain client case records
- Master’s Degree or higher in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related mental health field
- Minimum of two years of direct work experience in the Addiction field
- Ability to set short term objectives and use a strength-based, solution-focused approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work with an all addictions model of treatment
S$3,500 to S$4,500 depending on qualifications and experience
This full-time position will require some evening and occasional weekend work.
*This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.